Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Yay, postcards have finally arrived!!!

JoAnne let me know the other day that my postcard had arrived, which I was glad to hear, especially since it was the first postcard I had made.


Sorry about the quality of the photo, I didn't check it until after I sent it.

I did a search for fall pictures and after narrowing it down to about four pictures I decided to use this design as inspiration for my postcard. I knew I wanted to use batiks but the Swirly lines proved a bit more challenging until I remembered the multicoloured  piece I had and it turned out to be perfect.

I found the picture here

Today the postman finally delivered the one JoAnne had made for me. JoAnne had actually sent hers before I sent mine so it just goes to show it can take different amounts of time to go the same distance in different directions.
Isn't it beautiful?


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe that mine just arrived. Hmmm. I sent yours to Australia and another to New Zealand and the NZ one got there within a week! That is so interesting. Then I went to a different post office yesterday to send another to NZ and the other post office charged a different rate. Like I mentioned, I am really thrilled to be the recipient of your first ever card! I keep all my post cards forever. They are so much fun to look at and admire. Excellent job with your first one!

    ReplyDelete

The Beginning of a new project

 So it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything but I thought I would pop in and show you my latest project. It’s a cute little dachshund b...